Thursday, April 29, 2010

John 16: 33

"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world" 

It's so amazing how God speaks to me. The book I'm reading for Discipleship right now is called "Forgotten God" by Francis Chan. I recommend it. But yeah. So it's all about the Holy Spirit and recently it's been talking about peace which I desperately need. And so I have that. And I'm reading along and it says "Right now I want you to take a break and open your Bible to the book of John. Read chapters 14 through 16 and give yourself some space to soak in the words you read". So before church Wednesday night that's what I did. And John 16:33 was the last verse. How awesome is that?! And it doesn't stop there. That night guess what the topic was.... PEACE! and earlier this week I was on Youtube and I heard this song by Mercyme called "I Would Die For You". AMAZING song! The first verse is this:

And I know that I can find You here
'Cause You promised me You'll always be there
Times like these, it's hard to see
But somehow I have a peace, You're near
And I pray that You will use my life
In whatever way Your name is glorified
Even if surrendering
Means leaving everything behind


amazing right?! Completely relevant to my life right now! God is good. no, not good, GREAT! no, not great, amazing. no, not amazing, INDESCRIBABLE! I love Him! I can't wait to see what He does with my life!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment