Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Giving God the Pen

I tend to have this habit of having crushes on boys and then having my heart broken before a relationship even starts. I try to go out and pursue these possible relationships and boyfriends that only end in disappointment.
Well, while talking to my Bible study leader tonight I decided that I'm going to give God the pen. What does that mean? Well hang on a sec and I'll tell you :) Instead of me writing my love story and trying to be in control, I'm letting God have full control over it. I hear all the time people talking about surrendering your life to God, and I've done that for sure. It's definitely a constant thing, though, and one thing I think I try to hold on to is my love life. In the world we live in everyone thinks that having a boyfriend/girlfriend is what we need to focus our thoughts on. I didn't even realize this until recently, but this coming Christmas is going to be the first Christmas in a VERY long time where I don't have a boyfriend. Honestly, I'm super excited about it! I don't have to worry about what to get him and if he'll like it and who's family I'm spending time with on Christmas day. I'm so excited to have a relaxing day with my family and remembering what a great gift God gave us!
What I'm trying to say, and don't know if I'm actually getting this through, is that I need to guard my heart. I can't just allow any guy to build up my hopes. When the right guy comes along, he'll come after me. I won't need to chase him or try to impress him, because... it'll just be right. I'm so excited for that day to come, but for now, I'm giving God the pen. He's going to write something far more beautiful than I could ever hope to imagine. :)

Goodnight internet world <3

2 comments:

  1. Best attitude to have in the world ^^ And your last post was hilarious (though I'm too lazy to post two comments), I can totally hear Chris in my head right now >.>

    ReplyDelete