Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's Day?

BCM could not have chosen a better time to start a relationship series than February 14th, aka Valentine's Day. This was my first year being single on this lovely day since 7th grade (which is insane). Truthfully, this has been my favorite valentine's day ever. I spent it with friends who I knew cared about me. I made this day better for a recently single friend of mine with a box full of encouraging notes. I really focused on loving others and loving God today.
So going back to BCM, tonight we talked about what characteristics a Godly man should have. Through all of the qualities, not only did I make a mental note for looking for a guy, but it made me wonder about myself as well. Was I all of those things? Am I spiritually disciplined? Am I a woman of God that men can look at and say, "Wow. Look at her relationship with God. I want a woman like that."?
Now, I don't know if I've said this on here or not, but I want to wait until July to start seriously considering dating anyone. This really works because no one seems to show much interest in me right now. So in this time I'm going to try to be this woman of God. I'm going to dive into the word and study and apply it to my life. I'm going to have a gentle spirit and a humble heart. If I can't do this on my own, what makes me think I'll be able to do this in a relationship? So I'm going to use this time well.

Next week is how to become a Godly woman and what guys should seek in a wife. Should be fun :)

No comments:

Post a Comment