Wednesday, May 30, 2012

titles are so unnecessary

So recently I've been reading Paul's various letters in the new testament. I've noticed a pattern that I'd like to share briefly. Paul starts out his letters thanking God for that church and telling them they need to continue to stand firm and keep their minds pure and focus on loving people. Something interesting and completely applicable to my life right now is when Paul talks about how much he loves and misses those churches. He writes on multiple occasions how much he wishes he could be with them at that exact moment and is reminded of how much love he received when he was there. I've been feeling this same feeling ever since I got home. I miss all of my BCM friends who are spread across the US. I think about how much fun this year was and how much I loved it and how they loved me, too, and how we grew in Christ together. Just like Paul, I'm so encouraged when I hear about how God used them in Ohio and what they're about to embark on this summer. I know that when I go to Chicago it'll be that way as well, but this time it'll include my family. I know that I'll miss them. Through all of this, though, I know that I'll see all of them again. Whether I see them when I get back, or if I don't see them again until I'm in Heaven, I know I'll see them again. I am so encouraged by that, and it helps me, not necessarily miss them any less, but it helps me focus on what God wants me to do NOW. I can't focus on God's will if all of my attention is on the people I love and miss.

Don't get me wrong, I still miss everyone a ridiculous amount, I just know that I'll see you again, and that helps me a lot :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment